Quick Orthodontist Tips
- If you wear braces, don’t eat foods that are hard, sticky, crunchy or chewy. Avoid candy, gum, nuts and corn on the cob. Cut raw vegetables and fruit into small pieces.
- Don’t pick at or pull on braces even if it makes your teeth feel better.
- Don’t flick your retainer around with your tongue.
- Remove headgear and wear a mouthguard when playing sports.
- Try to learn as much about your orthodontic appliances as you can. This will help you talk to us about any problems that you might have.
- Always keep orthodontic wax handy and carry a travel toothbrush.